Work with Us
We offer Playback Theatre performances, workshops, and classes for private groups and for the general public. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with businesses, hospitals, nonprofits, schools, prisons, activist groups, religious communities, and for life milestones such as weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries.
Our Playback Theatre performances usually last 90 minutes. We offer workshops that can be anywhere from performance-length to a weekend long. We can adapt our work to many settings, such as a large classroom, church social hall, or auditorium, depending on the needs of your organization. You may center the performance or workshop on a particular theme pertinent to the issues of your organization, or prefer something more general.
What We Offer
STRENGTHEN YOUR ORGANIZATION
For organizations, business, and non-profits, we offer Playback Theatre as a compelling vehicle to celebrate success, process change, problem-solve, grieve loss and share hope. At conferences, a Living Arts Playback Theatre Ensemble performance can provide an aesthetic and entertaining arena for participants to share and reflect upon their experiences. In corporations, a Playback Theatre performance or workshop is a particularly effective change-management tool that can be applied to a variety of different circumstances: to humanize the effects of a merger or reorganization; to say goodbye to someone who is retiring; to celebrate the achievements of a group.
CELEBRATE LIFE MILESTONES
Living Arts Playback Theatre Ensemble is available to offer Playback Theatre at your private event. We have performed at weddings, birthdays, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, anniversaries, and retirement parties. Contact us to begin a conversation about your event!
Since 1991, the Living Arts Playback Theatre Ensemble has partnered with hundreds of groups and organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Some of our past clients include:
- The Presidio Trust
- San Francisco County Jail
- Permanente Medical Group
- California Society of Addiction Medicine
- The Hoopa Valley Native American Tribe
- The San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
- Bay Area Storytelling Festival, The International Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, Tennessee, The Power of Playback Theatre and Drama Therapy: Therapeutic Tools for Witnessed Healing in Los Angeles
- Nonprofits: Battered Women’s Alternatives, Center for Elder’s Independence, Center for Empowering Refugees and Immigrants, Family Paths, Innovations Project in Napa, Seneca Center
- Schools: California Institute of Integral Studies, Chabot College, Chinese American International School, College of Alameda, College of San Mateo, School for the Deaf in Fremont, Ecole Bilingue, Sofia University, Sonoma State University
- Conferences: American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Expressive Arts Therapy Conference, North American Drama Therapy Association, World Transactional Analysis Conference
Sometimes our commissioned performances include stories centered around a specific theme. Highlights of past themes include:
- Santa Rosa Kaiser Hospital honoring first responders to Sonoma County Fires
- Come Out to Playback Theatre: Two evenings of personal stories of the LGBTQ community during SF Pride
- Iraq Stories, Cracking the Mask: Seeing the Soul of Arab cultures
- Facing the Mountain: Armenians & Turks share their stories
- Overcoming Racism: Descendants of Slaves and Slave Owners
- Holocaust Commemorations with Jews and Germans
- Now What? Getting a Grip on the Mueller Report
- Healing the Wounds of Bullying with Playback Theatre
A video from our performance at the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) 2015 Annual Conference: